Sunday, August 21, 2005

Running on Empty

That was what happened today. When I started my run(the 5 mile outdoor route), I felt my right foot was not acting like it should. It felt tender. I thought I could run through it. I wanted to get to my half way point, have a drink and come home. As I ran, I felt things get a bit easier. When I got to the hafl way point everything went down hill.

Normally I buy a can of tea at the soft drink machine at the gas station where I stop. I could not get the machine to take my money. So I was S.O.L I started my run back, but then my foot gave out on me, plus I was pretty dehydrated at the time. So I walked home the rest of the way. I ran 2.6 of the 5 mile route.

I was disappointed, because I did not run yesterday as I planned. This last week was not a good running week. I am hoping this will be a better week. I chalk up today and yesterday to having nothing in the tank.

Tomorrow is a gym day. I hope to run 2 miles, which is my usual goal on a workout day. Again, my goal for the week will be 15 miles.

:-)Charlie

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Bowers said...

Tough week. I hope this week is better for you. I hope the sore foot doesn't continue.

4:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home